42Five

Arts and Culture

42Five

Postby DisneyFunVilla » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:41 pm

We were just on a cruise and saw this great band, 42Five. They were so good, we hurried through dinner two days later so we could catch their second show. They don't use any musical instruments, only their bodies to make the music you hear. They mix a good bit of comedy into their act. They're from and based in the Orlando area; their mailing address is in Winter Park. Check out their web site, www.42five.com, and watch their new promotional video. It's great stuff!
Mike
DisneyFunVilla
Florida Villa Advisor

Re: 42Five

Postby Links » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:24 am

This is great - thanks for posting
Links
Florida Villa Moderator

Postby KevinT » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:24 pm

Excellent that Mike ! :D I will certainly be looking to see if they are around next time we're in Florida.
Kevin T.
KevinT
Florida Villa Moderator

Postby DisneyFunVilla » Tue May 08, 2012 1:31 pm

They are getting ready to release a new album which will include "Grim Grinning Ghosts" from Magic Kingdom's Haunted Mansion. You can hear a teaser at their web site, www.42Five.com, click on "Blog". The teaser sounds so good, I can't wait to hear the full version!
Mike
DisneyFunVilla
Florida Villa Advisor

Postby DisneyFunVilla » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:06 pm

They have changed their name, but not their sound. Under the new name of VoicePlay, they have released their new album, Once Upon an Ever After. The album "delves into the wondrous world of Walt Disney and other fantastic stories." Hear samples and see where to buy at their new web site, due to their new name, www.theVoicePlay.com.

Their version of Grim Grinning Ghosts is, as I expected, quite excellent. They even worked in some tributes to the Haunted Mansion attraction.
Mike
DisneyFunVilla
Florida Villa Advisor

Return to Arts & Culture