thank goodness this section has survived

For members with computer related questions

thank goodness this section has survived

Postby Jan and Steve » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:51 pm

Well i'm back again with another computer question :? Simple one this time I think :wink:

Last week I received over 15000 emails in one go from sky switching their email provider or something. I have had to log into sky to delete them all 200 at a time, but they are still on my windows mail and I now have the task of deleting the ones I don't need from there. Does anyone know how to delete fore than 1 at a time :oops: :?: There must be a way otherwise I will be deleting them till 2014 :roll: :roll:
JAN

Take a look at our Silver Creek Villa

http://www.bookafloridavilla.com/villa.php?villa=sc001
Jan and Steve
Florida Villa Advisor

Re: thank goodness this section has survived

Postby KevinT » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:43 pm

This link might help Jan. http://www.vistax64.com/live-mail/25650 ... -mail.html

Basically you can either hold down Ctrl button and then click each succeeding email heading. This will continue to highlight emails until you have a big group highlighted. Then press Delete button on your Live Mail tool bar and they should all disappear.

If you just want to delete a whole block hold down the Shift button and click on the first and last email heading . All the in between files should highlight together and you can Delete the whole block.
Kevin T.

KevinT
Florida Villa Moderator

Postby Anthony » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:06 pm

Kevin is your man for these things but I will add my two pennorth worth but I still could be wrong.

I have three ways I receive e-mail; PC, Laptop and phone. I have settings so when I open the e-mails on my laptop and phone I leave a copy on my server but have my pc set set so when I open them there (master copy, if you like) it deletes them from my laptop and phone.

Before I did this I was just deleting them from my phone and putting them into trash. I then had over 7000 mails to delete from trash about 10 at a time. Now I leave them in the inbox and turn my pc on which instantly removes them. If you had the settings right it should just delete them all from your server??

Clear as mud :roll:
Anthony
Florida Villa Expert

Postby Jan and Steve » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:35 pm

Well, I've managed to delete them all at last. I came on here the other night and the pages wouldn't load up (just kept taking ages and not responding) other websites seemed ok but I wondered if it was cos there were that many things on my laptop ie, emails.

I somehow managed to figure out how to do it by pure chance pressing buttons :? I pressed the shift and down button and off I went :o :o

It's a good idea Anthony about the main email host but I actually like having my emails to everything because I sometimes look but don't respond till later if I'm busy and then I can reply from my ipad cos it's quicker sometimes.

But since the sky change over I now cannot send an email from my laptop :evil: why does this always happen to me :roll: :roll: I don't change anything on my laptop and it seems to change on it's own, it does my head in :x I'm going to have to ring sky now
JAN

Jan and Steve
Florida Villa Advisor

Postby Jan and Steve » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:18 pm

well that's my emails all sorted thankfully. I rang sky and eventually had to remove my email account and then add it again. They changed some stuff at their end and 1 1/2 hrs later it was sorted (as if I have nothing better to do with my time :roll: )
JAN

Jan and Steve
Florida Villa Advisor

Postby HD » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:10 pm

glad it's all fixed...

I hate having computer difficulties... :D
Make a Wish, Take a Chance...

Laurel, Steve & Jen
HD